A glimpse into the life and times of Julia. Loving, learning and growing my way through it all.





Monday, October 24, 2011

Yoda, my cat she is.

Have you met Roxy?
She's my new friend.
She's been living with me for a few months now.
I adopted her from Brian & Ali Raney, you can read about their search for a new home for her here.
Adjusting to having a pet has not been easy.
Can you guess what the hardest thing for me is?
Not being in total control.
If you know me you know that I keep my apartment super clean.
Like really clean.
We are talking OCD here people.
I just like it that way.
I am a control freak, I admit it.
Is it possible that God sent me Roxy to help me get over that?
To show me that there is so much more to life than having a super clean apartment?
That when I give up the control I gain so much more?
Snuggles from this furball are pretty great.
As I type this she is doing the "oh I'm upside down and all cute and you love me" pose.
Having another living thing in my life makes me smile.
So what if I step on kitty litter in the hallway or go to work with cat hair all over my pants.
Oh yeah, I'm that girl now.
I try to control so much of my life that I leave very little room for God to do his work.
Maybe Yoda kitty is here to teach me to let go.
One.
Meow.
At.
A.
Time.

Julia

1 comment: