A glimpse into the life and times of Julia. Loving, learning and growing my way through it all.





Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why did the chicken cross the road?

A few weeks ago I bought a chicken. A whole chicken. I had big plans for that chicken and boy did he deliver. Oh I guess "she" delivered. This was my attempt to cook one thing on the weekend that I could make into a bunch of meals throughout the week.

I'm a creative and frugal single girl oh yes I am!

Now this wasn't your run of the mill grocery store chicken. No, my girl was an organic grain fed beauty. Cost me more than I've spent on all my groceries in total some weeks. But it is true what "they" say, you get what you pay for.

You see I've been inspired lately to think more about what I'm spending my money on and what I'm putting into my body. Some may say that this lovely may have something {most everything} to do with it but who can really say where a desire to change comes from.

I roasted said chicken on Sunday night. A little olive oil, some garlic {by some I mean a lot}, dried rosemary, salt and pepper and she was cooked and ready to fulfill her destiny, to feed the Jules.

Feed me she did.

Let's break this chicken down:
-4 chicken sandwiches for lunch
-4 chicken Cesar salads for dinner
-1 chicken & pesto pasta for carbfest with Jess
-1 large pot of chicken stew {number of meals yet to be determined because I made it tonight}
Amazing right?

Gotta go do the dishes now because as you can see I got the bay leaf in my bowl. House rules - if you get the bay leaf you do the dishes.

Jules





2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! We're going to do the same thing! I hope Fresh from the Farm has some big ass chickens for me to roast the eff out of. (p.s. can you teach me how to roast a chicken?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for sure! You know that the idea came from you right?

    ReplyDelete