A glimpse into the life and times of Julia. Loving, learning and growing my way through it all.





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It is a beautiful thing.

I think I have an addictive personality.
When I like something, I REALLY like it.
When I dislike, something I REALLY dislike it.
Snakes, they are a good example of something I REALLY dislike. Actually they fit more into the HATE category. But more about that later...

...Back to the point, a few weeks ago I was online reading blogs and such when I came across a really great article on The Worship Community about a band called Gungor and their song called Beautiful Things. I was so intrigued by the article that I bought the song on Itunes and have been listening to it on repeat ever since.

The song is so beautiful and haunting.
The vocals and music are amazing.
But the lyrics speak the loudest. To my heart anyway.
As a woman that struggles with so many issues from self-worth to self-image and everything in between how can I not be affected by a song that reminds me over and over again that my God makes beautiful things?
Out of the pain.
Out of the dust.
Out of us.

Julia

Beautiful Things All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new

2 comments:

  1. Julia, I came across your new blog (side note: it's awesome!) and wanted to agree with you on how great the message of that song is!!! Our worship team came across it in January, and it's one of those simple melodies that just sinks in...and keeps on revealing God's truth the more you reflect on it. Anyways. Just wanted to say YAY! And also, you're beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST listened to this song (about 20 minutes before reading this blog post!) in a car with two other people. One person is someone who almost broke my heart. The other is someone who melts it. Both relationships today point to God making beautiful things out of the not-so-beautiful.

    I love that song.

    And I love your blog.

    And I love you.

    ReplyDelete