A glimpse into the life and times of Julia. Loving, learning and growing my way through it all.





Friday, February 11, 2011

Is this really my job?

On Monday I was late for work. Didn't show up until 12noon.

On Thursday I left an hour early.

On Friday I took a 3 hour lunch.

I'm not a slacker.
Nope.
It was all for work.
How did I get so freakin' lucky?

I guess the answer lies in the fact that my bosses believe in two really important things...me and the power of social media.

This week was Social Media Week in Toronto and around the world. I was fortunate enough to attend three session throughout the week. The titles ranged from Social Media for Social Good talking about how we can use social media to promote causes to The People Web which was a look at how Facebook is connecting Canadians to each other and causes/brands.

There were so many brilliant people everywhere I turned. Some of the panelists included Joe Rospars from Blue State Digital and the Digital Strategist for Barack Obama's presidential campaign, Sean Moffitt author of Wikibrands and Steve Irvine of Facebook Canada. It was so cool to get a tiny glimpse into how this amazing monster is changing the world.

I'm so excited to be a part of it.

To learn. To try. To fail. To succeed.

Did I mention it was all FREE?
Maybe that's what the bosses actually believe in.
Anyway.

Can't wait for Social Media Week 2012!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment